Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A great tale!




So what a week it has been upon entering the USA.... While in LA I got a taste of some serious hospitality hollywood style. I went to lots of parties, and I hung out with the Beach boys and John Stamos and generally had a ripping time. While there I got a message on facey that a friend would be in LA at the same day as me and was leaving for san diego on the same monday that I wanted to go, which is the travel way.

So we are driving down the freeway and my friend calls a surfing mate of hers that lives in Newport Beach. So we drive for an hour and arrive at Newport Beach. We get to this guys house and he insists that we stay there for the night and party. This guy works for Fox so he has this Toyota Tundra with rude rims and fox logos all over it. As we drive to lunch in this beast I'm thinking the travel gods are on my side.

Enter Mike Horski, with a story to blow my mind. This dude who shows up for lunch with us works at a bar in Newport and is generally just a chilled out legend. However, three months ago while he was lying in bed after work one night, his psycho girlfriend stabs him in the chest with a 22cm kitchen knife. So he wakes up with a knife embedded in his chest and his crazy girlfriend yelling at him. With adrenalin pumping, Mike takes the knife out of his chest and puts his girlfriend on the ground with his foot on her throat. He goes for the phone and calls 911. 911 put him on hold. So he is standing there, on hold, crazy girlfriend screaming under his foot, with litres of blood pumping out of his stab wound.

So he finally gets to talk to some emergency support and gets the cops around to his house. Just as they get there he passes out from blood loss and he gets taken to the hospital. He survives his stabbing, just. He now has a 20 cm long scar on his chest from the stabbing and general surgery.

After lunch and this awesome story, Mike and LJ take me surfing. These guys are professionals. I have never surfed before and they attempt to get me on a wave. I do, but I eat shit about 12 times before I manage this achievement. These two guys would not look out of place at the rip curl pro.

That night, Mike and I go and buy a plethora of various drinks from the liquor store and have a cracking evening. We wound up going to the bar that Mike works at and he gets lucky. Once again I have to hear people going at it right next to me. God bless America.

xoxoxoxo

No comments: